Contact us now

Immigration and Citizenship

Johannessen Legal & Migration provides expert immigration advice and visa processing services to Individuals and Corporations seeking to visit or move to Australia.

At Johannessen Legal & Migration, our migration experts provide you with a level of expertise above and beyond that of migration agencies; we have the experience and practical knowledge to guide you through the complex processes of immigration.

Our areas of expertise:

Corporate Immigration

Temporary Business Sponsorship (457 visas)
The Business – Long Stay or 457 visa allows businesses based either in Australia or overseas to sponsor workers for a temporary visa lasting up to 4 years. Only certain occupations are eligible for 457 visas, and a Minimum Salary Level applies.
Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS)
The Employer Nomination Scheme is a permanent visa, and requires the nominating employer to be operating in Australia. The employee needs to show a higher level of skill than for a 457 visa, but otherwise the criteria are broadly similar to the 457 visa.
Regional Sponsored Skilled Migration Scheme (RSMS)
The RSMS visa requires a job offer in a regional area. The position needs to be approved by a Regional Certifying Body, but otherwise the skill level criteria are lower than for an ENS visa. The resulting RSMS visa is a permanent visa, but is subject to cancellation if the employee leaves employment within 2 years of obtaining the visa.

General Skilled Migration

Skilled Independent Subclasses 175 and 885
Permanent visa option, the skilled independent has a pass mark of 120 but does not require sponsorship by a relative or state/territory government
Skilled Sponsored Subclasses 176 and 886
A permanent visa, the pass mark for the skilled sponsored is 100, but you would need to be sponsored by an Australian relative or state/territory government
Skilled Regional Sponsored Subclasses 475 and 487
The skilled regional sponsored visa is a 3-year provisional visa which allows holders to live only in certain areas of Australia. You would need to be sponsored by an Australian relative living in a designated area, or by a state or territory government.
Skilled Regional Subclass 887
The skilled regional sponsored visa is the permanent stage of the skilled regional sponsored visa. To qualify for a skilled regional visa, you must live in the required region of Australia for 2 years and work full time there for 12 months.
Skilled Graduate 485
The skilled graduate visa is an 18-month visa which can be applied for by international students who have completed 2 years of study in Australia.

Partner Migration

Partner Visa
Partner visas are for people who are married or in a defacto relationship with an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible NZ citizen. To qualify for a spouse visa on defacto grounds, you must in general show that you have lived with your partner for a period of at least 12 months prior to applying. The spouse visa application leads to permanent residence, and is generally in two stages – first a temporary spouse visa is granted, then a permanent spouse visa approximately 2 years after lodgement.
Fiance visa
The fiance or prospective spouse visa is a 9-month temporary visa which allows applicants to travel to Australia to marry their Australian partner. Once married in Australia, you would look at applying for a partner visa to obtain your permanent residence.
Interdependency visa
From 1 July, same-sex partners who are either living together or have their relationship registered in an Australian state or territory can apply for a partner visa.